Here is another recipe for those who prefer crunchy rather than soft bitter melon, stir frying would yield the desired results. It takes a shorter time to cook this dish that is refreshing especially in summer time.
- Soak bitter melon slices in salt water for 10 minutes. Rinse and drain.
- Dry fry bittermelon in medium heat till slightly dry. Push to the side of the pan or dish up.
- Caramelise brown sugar. Add a little oil and fry chopped garlic.
- Return bitter melon to the centre of the heat.
- Add prawn or chicken slices and fry till cooked.
The texture of the melon should be a little crunchy.